Have you ever noticed the difference between a child’s and an adult’s eyelashes? Well, our eyelashes stop growing at a certain age, regardless of being male or female.
Now, you may want to know: at what age do eyelashes stop growing? Generally, our eyelashes stop growing when we step into puberty. Also, women around the age of 35 can experience thinner eyelashes due to the reduction of estrogen hormone.
Eyelashes becoming thinner due to age is a common phenomenon. As human beings, we do not have to be so concerned about it. In the given sections of this article, I have discussed this in detail. So, keep reading.
What Are The Home Treatment Options For My Thinning Eyelashes?
Some people, especially women ask the same question: ‘My lashes are long but thin. What should I do about it?’
See, eyelashes can be thinner due to multiple reasons. They are
- Some treatments and medicine
- Medical condition
- Extreme rubbing and scrubbing of the eyelashes.
- Side effects of some eye makeup
If your eyelashes are thin and you are worried about it, there are certain home treatments that you can try. These home remedies help you look better. Your eyelashes will also look beautiful after trying these home remedies, even if your eyelashes have become thinner.
However, most of these home treatment options do not work permanently. They will make your eyelashes look gorgeous for a certain period of time. But, all of them are great and make your eyelashes look beautiful, thicker, and lusher.
- So, first, you can massage your eyes with vitamin E oil, castor oil, green tea bags, olive oil, unrefined and organic coconut oil, etc. These home remedies can make your eyelashes thicker, stronger, and healthier.
- Biotin is also a very good product for eyelashes. It has vitamin B and helps eyelashes to grow faster.
- You can also opt for using a little amount of vaseline to make your eyelashes look thicker. Vaseline is a petroleum-based product and does have some benefits.
- If your eyelashes are thinner, you can use eye mascara as the eye makeup. You can have multiple mascara products in the market that can thicken your eyelashes.
- You can opt for using extended eyelashes. They are great and help your eyelashes look much better.
- You can also use some extended lash formulas if your eyelashes are thinner.
- You can also buy some eyelash-enhancing serums from the market.
Are There Other Options For My Thinning Eyelashes?
If you do not want to opt for the above-said home remedies, you will be able to avail yourself of a prescription treatment. This treatment is called Latisse. This treatment is safe, tested, and approved by the FDA. It can help you to grow healthy, lusher, and long eyelashes in 16 weeks.
On the other hand, you can avail yourself of an eyelash transplant. But, this is an extreme procedure. Also, this is a procedure in which only a dermatologist can help your out. In this procedure, doctors will transfer the scalp follicles to the eyelids.
So, if you choose to treat your thin eyelashes with home remedies, you will need to avail yourself them of regularly. Otherwise, it will not work for your eyelashes.
On the other hand, if you opt for medical treatments, you have to ensure that you have talked to the dermatologist and taken proper measurements. So, choose your options very wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do eyelashes take 7 years to grow back?
No. your eyelashes do not take 7 years to grow back. Human eyelashes generally take 2 months to grow back. However, there are some factors that might affect this time period. These factors are hygiene, food habits, health issues, genetics, some traumatic injuries, and a lot more things. Due to these factors, your eyelashes can take at least 16 weeks to grow back or more than that.
What causes eyelashes to grow longer?
You can try several home remedies to make your eyelashes longer than ever. However, the best way to make your eyelashes longer is to take proper medicine. The treatment is known as Latisse or Bimatoprost. This is the only medicine that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States. This treatment, when properly done by an expert, makes the eyelashes thicker and longer.
Our eyelashes are one of the essential parts of our body. They protect our eyes. So, we need to treat our eyelashes very carefully. The above-said processes are quite effective and give you longer, thicker, and lusher eyelashes. Just be careful about your food habits, hygiene, and sleep schedule while you are going through the procedures.
All the best!