Polygel nails are something that you can trust when it comes to manicures. They are surprisingly durable. Therefore you can use Polygel nails for weeks without the fear of damaging them.
But, how to remove Polygel nails from your hand? You can apply some easy methods to take them off. Here they are.
- You may use acetone nail polish remover.
- You can remove Polygel nails using a nail drill.
- Using oil and soap is also a great idea.
- You may use a nail file to remove Polygel nails.
These 4 methods are very effective and you can easily take off Polygel nails at home. Now, if you do not know how to apply these methods, we have got you covered. Read and learn how to remove Polygel nails using the steps mentioned above.
How To Remove Polygel Nails Properly
Even though Polygel nails look amazing on your hand, when it comes to removal, you need to take them off your hand very carefully. Improper removal of Polygel nails may result in damaging your nails and spreading infection.
So, when you take Polygel nails off properly, it will keep the nail’s surface healthy and smooth, protect them, and thus prevent infection. Generally, you need to remove Polygel nails after weeks of manicure. However, it can last more weeks based on your lifestyle and daily chores.
Now, look at the methods that can help you remove Polygel Nails at home.
1. Use Acetone Nail Remover
This is the most common method to remove Polygel nails. So, we recommend you do this properly.
- First, you should cut any extension of the nail. Then apply petroleum jelly on the cuticle area of your nails.
- Now, the Polygel nail’s top coat part should be filed away with a low-grit nail file.
- After that, you should soak cotton in acetone and wrap it on the nails with foil wraps for 20 minutes.
- Scrap the Polygel with a cuticle pusher.
2. Use A Nail Drill
This is another quickest and simplest method to remove Polygel nails from your hand, especially if you are a beginner.
- Cut the excess part of your nail.
- Now the edges of the Polygel nails should be filed away using a smooth sanding band.
- After that, you may opt for another harsher sanding band to remove the extra Polygel and reach your natural nails as much as you can.
- Wash your nails properly.
- Now, take a low-grit nail file and remove the rest of the Polygel with it.
- At last, you need to apply enough cuticle oil so that it can rehydrate the nails again.
3. Use Oil And Soap
Sometimes, using a nail drill or acetone may damage your nails. Therefore, you can use oil and soap as a natural remedy to take off the Polygel nails.
Ingredients You Need
- Cooking oil or baby oil
- Body wash or detergent
- Warm water
- Cuticle pusher
- First, gently raise the Polygel nails’ edges using a cuticle pusher so that the mixture of oil and soap can go underneath your natural nails.
- Mix soap and oil in very warm water.
- Dip your nails in that mixture for at least 20 minutes.
- Once they are properly soaked, lift the edges with a cuticle pusher.
4. Use A Nail File
If you are not in a hurry, you can opt for a nail file to gently take the Polygel Nails off your hands. It will take a long time.
When you are using a nail file, you just need to buff the Polygel nails with a nail file. You have to repeat this process until you see the natural surface of your nails.
Once done, wash the nails and apply petroleum jelly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you remove a Polygel nail without damaging it?
Polygel nails can be removed using a nail drill or acetone nail polish. But they may damage your nails. So, the best natural remedy you can try is to apply a mixture of oil and soap to your nails.
2. Does Polygel damage your nails?
If you apply Polygel on your nails using the right method, it won’t damage or ruin your nails. That is why many people love to use Polygel nails more than acrylic nails. On the other hand, you should take proper care when you are about to take the Polygel nails off your hand.
3. Do Polygel nails come off easily?
Polygel nails so come off quickly when you have taken the right measurements and care to remove them. You should use acetone nail polish, a nail drill, a mixture of oil and soap, or a nail file to remove them quickly.
4. How do you remove Polygel nails without a drill or acetone?
If you do not want to use a nail drill or acetone nail polish, you should opt for using a mixture of oil and a mild body wash to remove Polygel nails. This will not damage or ruin your nails at all.
Ending Note On Removing Polygel Nails
So, here is everything that you should know about removing Polygel nails from your hand at home. They are amazing for manicures and often more loved than acrylic nails. You just have to take proper care when you are about to remove them. That’s all.
Check More Posts :